Click on the link above to see Allie’s resume (updated April 2013). A text version is below.
firstname.lastname@example.org | alliebidwell.com | Twitter: @alliebidwell
U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT, WASHINGTON, D.C.
Education & Science Reporter, August 2013 — Present
Reporting Intern – News, June 2013 — August 2013
THE CHRONICLE OF HIGHER EDUCATION, WASHINGTON, D.C.
Editorial Intern – Finance & Policy, January 2013 — June 2013
● Craft news, feature, and enterprise stories and blog posts on federal and state governments, legislation, budgets and facilities at higher education institutions nationwide.
● Attend and cover Congressional hearings and other federal higher education meetings.
● Monitor state and federal records of notices, rules and regulations pertaining to higher education.
THE DAILY AZTEC, SAN DIEGO, CA
News and Features Reporter, May 2012 — October 2012
● Worked as a general assignment and crime reporter for the news section, and as a general assignment features reporter.
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Metro News Intern, September 2011 — December 2011
● Served as a general assignment reporter; held to the same standard as professional reporters.
● Covered a UC Berkeley study about people who have lost their sense of smell. The story was picked up by The Seattle Times and WFTS-TV/ABC Action News in Tampa, FL.
THE DAILY CALIFORNIAN, BERKELEY, CA
News Editor, April 2011 — August 2011
● Managed two assistants, 15 reporters and 4 high school interns; assigned and edited all content per AP style.
● Broke a story on a large tuition increase for the University of California, beating every media outlet in the state.
Assistant University News Editor, December 2010 — April 2011
● Co-managed 40 reporters, ensured daily publication and the quality of all university news.
● Single-handedly reported updates — including a live blog, Twitter and Facebook — and coordinated coverage of a nine-hour campus protest.
Lead Reporter- Student Government, March 2010 — December 2010
General Assignment Reporter, September 2009 — March 2010
KTVU-TV 2, OAKLAND, CA
News Intern, June 2010 — December 2010
● Conducted research for writers, trained to run the assignment desk, communicated between newsroom and reporters.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY
B.A., Sociology, May 2012
Alpha Omicron Pi Women’s Fraternity, Alpha Kappa Delta International Sociology Honor Society
Extensive experience in print media, working knowledge and experience in broadcast journalism. Proficient with the following programs and databases: WordPress, PC and Macintosh OS, Microsoft Office suite, iNews, CCI editing software, Aurora Browse, Abobe InCopy, Audacity and Final Cut Pro. Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.